CSS Project Manager
Posted by Schaefer Systems International, Inc. (booth # S2903)
Get your logistics together. Evolve here.
Schaefer Systems International provides storage, materials handling, logistics and waste technology solutions to businesses throughout North America. We design and manufacture state-of-the-art intralogistic storage and picking solutions for all types of industries as well as plastic containers, pallets, and waste and recycling carts. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaefer Systems International is part of the SSI SCHAEFER Group, a global leader in logistics and materials handling founded in 1937 with offices and plants in over 50 different countries. For more information, visit http://www.ssi-schaefer.us.
The CSS Project Manager plans, organizes, and controls project or operational process in order to deliver required business solutions within agreed time-scales and budgets while ensuring adherences to standards and quality for midsize to large projects under the overall direction of the Managing Director.
• Support customers in all phases of design, manufacturing, installation and commissioning of CSS projects and Change Requests.
• Secures, Schedules, Plans and organizes all visited maintenance actives for our non RM contract customers.
• Writing scopes of work to build projects and Change Requests in a thorough and consistent manner.
• Development and maintenance of project schedule.
• Ensure timely and effective delivery according as per project plan milestones
• Provide updates and information to management based on issues, concerns, gaps and/or possible changes to a guaranteed date.
• Manage the guaranteed completion date and escalate accordingly if additional project resources are needed given material changes in the project definition scope.
• Work effectively with internal resources in Manufacturing, IT and Controls to meet deliverables.
• Securing written customer change orders for work to be performed beyond the original contract work scope, prior to performing the work.
• Establish and maintain effective working customer, vendor as well as 3rd party relationships
• Manage multiple, parallel project tasks using formal project planning techniques and tools
• Direct and coordinate the activities of on-site and off-site project team personnel
• Ensure effective hand off to customer staff for ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Plan, schedule and provide appropriate resources for each project
• Gather/consolidate weekly, monthly reporting and monitor time tracking including time reporting/management and billable vs. non-billable hours.
• Responsible for understanding project goals, risks, technical and resource requirements.
• 4 year degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar work.
• 5+ years of prior project work or project management experience in the material handling industry • Ability to read and understand blueprints and CAD drawings
•The ability to work under minimal supervision
•The ability to travel based on business needs
•Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products including Microsoft Project
•Ability to interact with all levels of personnel from technical to high level executive management, and influence key stakeholders in order to get things done.
•Strong leadership, self-starter, assertiveness and interpersonal skills.
•The communication, negotiation & economic skills necessary to complete contract & change order assignment to all subcontractors and vendors on a project.
|Preferred Contact Method
||United States of America
« Back to Careers