Business Development Manager
Posted by Tompkins International (booth # S4468)
Business Development Manager
Group: Sales and Business Development
Location: Raleigh Durham, NC | Orlando, FL | Virtual Office
Position Type: Full Time | Exempt
Purpose: The Business Development Manager is responsible for lead generation by targeting, engaging and transitioning qualified prospect companies to sales opportunities . The primary function of this position is to focus on business development and lead qualification by developing and growing the qualified sales opportunities, update the Company’s pipeline with all business development opportunities and orchestrating the accurate flow of information between prospects and Tompkins team members. This position promotes the Company’s initiatives to grow our brand image and industry awareness through educating prospects on Tompkins International’s services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops new business growth strategies to identify leads and prospects continuously for new customers and existing clients using multiple channels.
• Analyzes and researches the Company’s market to identify opportunities and develops relationships with high level contacts at prospective customers.
• Communicates with prospects by phone and/or written correspondence.
• Research and qualify select leads from partners and other sources.
• Processes inbound telephone, website and e-mail inquiries and converts them into qualified leads.
• Schedules introductory meetings by phone or onsite.
• Organizes and tracks all business development leads and maintains accurate data files on prospects in CRM software.
• Continually targets companies and individuals with excellent long term potential to grow future prospective pipelines.
• Works with team members to help develop and maintain a targeted prospect list and execute business development campaigns with active and qualified prospects.
• Research prospective companies in order to educate Tompkins team members.
• Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of use and functionality of CRM software systems, specifically NetSuite.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Liberal Arts, Finance, Business, or related field and a minimum of 4+ years of inside sales, business development or lead generation experience in a B2B environment is required.
• Experience in the logistics, supply chain, software or technology sector is preferred.
• Proficient in Social Media platforms
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Skilled in persuasive oral and written communications, including the ability to engage in meaningful conversations with all levels of an organization.
• Strong ability to build and manage a strategic network, and create rapport with all levels of an organization.
• Ability to take a leadership role to drive change within the organization and for external engagements. Leadership: Integrity, honesty, accountability, creativity, a commitment to the team environment, and the ability to lead change.
• Ability to plan, organize, execute, document and communicate goals/activities.
• Ability to think, plan and execute the effective penetration of vertical markets, prospective accounts and upper management.
• Ability to take initiative and act independently as appropriate situations dictate.
|Preferred Contact Method
||United States of America
« Back to Careers