Posted by Tompkins International (booth # S4468)
Group: Supply Chain Consulting Services
Locations: Remote home office or Raleigh-Durham, NC
Position Type: Exempt | Full time
Purpose: Provides an increasingly visible role in helping to provide solutions to complex supply chain issues, while recognizing operational and logistical inadequacies. Provide data analysis, layout and design support, supply chain strategic planning and implementation support to project teams.
Essential Job Functions:
• Ability to strive in a fast-paced, high-profile, energetic, and challenging work environment.
• Leads Distribution Operational and Supply Chain Assessments with the purpose of generating conclusions and recommending alternatives
• Supports Project Objectives by generating data analysis, including order profiles, storage profiles, Pareto analysis and interpreting graphical information
• Able to create objective qualitative and alternative quantitative evaluations and sensitivity analysis to develop recommendations and strategic path forwards
• Supports client development by establishing and maintaining positive relationships with potential, current, and former clients
• Contributes to the achievement of company-wide revenue goals by pursuing follow-on projects with current and former clients
• General knowledge of facilities planning for warehousing and distribution centers
• General knowledge of conveyor, sortation, storage equipment and other material handling equipment used in warehouses and distribution centers.
• General knowledge of distribution network design, and inbound and outbound logistics
• Achieves work objectives by analyzing and communicating labor standards and material handling statistics through simulation exercises
• Achieves work objectives by utilizing ROI spreadsheets to derive capitalization information and generating alternatives for detail design
• Supports client by communicating bid specifications to vendors
• Contributes to project development by delivering client presentations and defining and preparing client reports
• Achieves work objectives by conceptualizing and developing overall systems functional
• Contributes to project development by analyzing alternatives, interpreting results, and drawing conclusions using independent judgment and with minimal supervision
• Performs organizational development duties such as research in support of articles/white papers for publication as well as preparing and presenting Tompkins Internal projects
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or other related Engineering degree
• 3+ years industry experience
• Proficient competency in the following software:
o MS Access
o MS Excel
o MS Project
o MS VISIO
• Competency in developing labor standards, familiarity with pre-engineered standard data system (MOST) a plus.
• This position requires 50% travel.
• Proven verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines effectively under time constraints
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
• Knowledge in distribution operations simulation and model development (i.e. AutoMod)
• Experience in site management of material handling systems
• Experience in new transition planning and operational go-live
• Previous consulting experience
• Experience in developing project budget
• Exposure to distribution network modeling tools such as LlamaSoft and ILOG
• Experience and background in site selection
Tompkins International is a supply chain consulting and implementation firm that maximizes supply chain performance and value creation. We enable clients to be more profitable and valuable while also becoming more agile, flexible, and adaptive to the marketplace. Tompkins collaborates with client teams to develop improved operations strategies, supply chain planning, and execution across all the Mega Processes of supply chains (PLAN-BUY-MAKE-MOVE-DISTRIBUTE-SELL).
|Preferred Contact Method
||United States of America
Supply Chain Management
« Back to Careers