Download the International Brochure
The following information should help assist you in your travel planning to the ProMat 2017 show. If you are an international visitor or exhibitor at ProMat 2017, please be reminded that the United States government has instituted new, tighter visa requirements for non-immigrant applicants.
Please be aware this may lengthen the time it takes to process your visa application and may take up to six months to be completed.
Wait times depend on location and time of year, but you can find specific procedures and estimated wait times by checking your
U.S. Embassy/Consulate's website.
You must register for free to attend ProMat 2017 to receive a Letter of Invitation by completing a brief online form. During registration select the checkbox labeled "Request a visa invitation letter". Invitation letters will be created for each individual and emailed. If an original letter is requested, please check the box and the letter will be sent by US mail unless a FedEx account number is provided for express mail charges.
Please note that we are unable to issue invitation letters to anyone who has not registered for the show. The deadline for submitting an application for a Letter of Invitation to the ProMat 2017 show is March 7, 2017. After this date we will not issue Letter of Invitation.
For more information email Erin Walker at ewalker[at]mhi[dot]org.
Four Important Steps to Obtaining a Visa
- Review the U.S. Department of State website for changes to the visa process that may affect you.
- Register for ProMat 2017. You will be able to request an Invitation Letter to assist you in obtaining a visa from the U.S. Consulate in your country during the registration process if you are a citizen of a country where a visa is required to enter the United States.
- Check your passport for the expiration date (passport must be valid for at least 6 months after planned entry to the U.S.)
- Apply early for your Visa.
There are a number of items required of all visa applicants, including the following:
- Payment of a nonrefundable application fee.
- Visa form completed and signed. Blank forms are available free of charge at all U.S. consular offices or online at http://evisaforms.state.gov.
- Valid passport for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant's intended period of stay in the United States. If more than one person is included in the passport, each person desiring a visa must make an application.
- Two photographs, two inches square (37x37 mm) for each applicant, showing full face, without head covering, against a light background.
- Support materials indicating the purpose of the visit, that the applicant plans to remain in the United States only for a specific, limited period of time, and that they have a residence outside the United States as well as business interests or investments that will insure their return to their country of origin at the conclusion of the visit.